- Vacuum and clean with a damp microfibre cloth regularly to prevent build up of dust particles and soiling.
- Items can be steam cleaned in situ if required.
Spillages & Stains
- Spillages should initially be wiped away as much as possible with a dry microfibre cloth.
- If required, any residue can then be cleaned with a microfibre cloth made damp with cold water. No detergents should be required.
- For heavier soiling, including oil based stains, a mild proprietary cleaner can be used. Be careful to ensure that all cleaning product residue is removed to maintain the efficiency of the stain repellent layer on the upholstery.
- If using a cleaning product, ensure this is patch tested on a non-visible section of upholstery to verify suitability.
- When using alcohol and solvent based cleaners or wipes containing strong cleaning agents, ensure to exercise extreme care on application, particularly to faux leather as repeated use on faux leather and vinyl’s can cause them to crack.
- Bodily fluids should always be removed with cold water, and cleaned as above.
- Extreme soiling may be cleaned with a 5% Sodium Hypochlorite solution (bleach), ensuring that any cleaning product residue has been fully removed from the upholstery. *Before using bleach, be sure to check the particular upholstery is suitable for such treatment.
- Under no circumstances should you machine wash, fully immerse, dry clean or use solvent based chemicals or stain removers.
- Do not remove the cushion covers and wash separately. This will destroy the waterproof layer within the upholstery.
- Poorly fixed clothing dyes, such as denim, will cause permanent staining.